Melissa has completed a Master of Professional Psychology at the University of the Sunshine Coast (USC) and is registered with APHRA as a Provisional Psychologist. Prior to this, she completed a Bachelor and Honours degree of Social Science, majoring in Psychology from USC. Additionally, Melissa has also obtained a dual Bachelor degree in Criminology and Justice from USC.
Melissa is concurrently working as a Sessional Academic Tutor within the School of Law & Society and as a Research Assistant within the Sexual Violence Research and Prevention Unit at USC.
Through her Honours degree, Melissa gained experience working with women between 18-60 years who presented with complex psychosocial factors, including a history of trauma (PTSD), domestic violence and homelessness. Melissa’s vast academic history has also provided her the opportunity to work with individuals involved in the justice system.
At Sure Psychology, Melissa currently provides treatment services to self-referred and third-party referred clients, including the National Disability Insurance Scheme and WorkCover Queensland. Melissa specialises in providing treatment to clients presenting with stress, anxiety and depression. Melissa’s therapeutic approaches include the provision of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Metacognitive Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and Schema Therapy. Melissa is a warm and compassionate psychologist, who adapts her style to meet those of her clients. She is mature and confident in her approach, which fosters a therapeutic environment that is centred on safety and reassurance.
Registration & Memberships
- Provisional Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Member of the Australian Psychological Society (MAPS)
- Master of Professional Psychology, University of the Sunshine Coast
- Bachelor of Social Sciences (Honours), University of the Sunshine Coast
- Bachelor of Social Science (Psychology), University of the Sunshine Coast
- Bachelor of Criminology & Justice, University of the Sunshine Coast
- Working with Child Sexual Assault 2020, Bravehearts Practitioner Workshop
- Advanced Training in Suicide Prevention, Black Dog Institute
- Clinic Days: Tuesday-Thursday (Clinical Treatment Services)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Welcome to Sure Psychology!
- Be our next Psychologist based in the beautiful Sunshine Coast!
- Flood Recovery Support
- Support for Workplaces in the Age of Coronavirus
- Support for Children with Learning Difficulties
- Support for New Mums Anxious about Coronavirus
- COVID-19 Telehealth Psychological Services Now Available
- Introducing Baby Frank
- Internet Addiction Disorder (IAD)
- Managing Stress