Are you looking to take control of your own work/life balance? Do you seek the support of a team of experienced, nurturing practitioners? Are you looking for a varied case load that will not only challenge you, but also provide you the opportunity to work in specialty areas that will inspire you?
The Sunshine Coast is enjoying continued growth both in population and infrastructure. Sure Psychology is also burgeoning and with a recent move to our own purpose built five consulting room Private Practice in the heart of thriving Buderim, we are seeking to appoint Psychologists to join our team in any of the following positions for 2-5 days per week:
- Clinical Psychologist
- Clinical Psychologist and Clinical Neuropsychologist (dual endorsements)
- General Psychologist with experience in assessment and/or positive behaviour support
As part of our natural growth, Sure Psychology is currently seeking enthusiastic and motivated psychologists who are excited to help support our wonderful team and community. Become a part of our popular and highly respected Practice and have the opportunity for career enhancement, including clinical supervision and taking on a leadership role as we continue to grow.
You will receive support from not only a very experienced and highly respected Principal Psychologist Dr Simone Shaw, but also work in a collaborative team that will make your work exciting, interesting, and challenging, whilst feeling fully supported to achieve your personal and professional goals.
You will be provided with high quality peer supervision, be able to achieve the perfect Sunshine Coast work/life balance, with the offer of flexible hours and have the support of a full-time Practice Manager enabling you to deliver the best outcomes for your clients.
Your role will include:
- Managing a varied clinical case load from private and third party referrers;
- For more experienced psychologists, the opportunity to provide supervision sessions to psychologists undertaking endorsement program as either primary or secondary supervisor;
- Collaborate with the leadership team to enhance the future direction of the practice;
- Provide advice on new clinical programs and services that could be developed; and
- Implement the use of innovative tools and technology to provide continuous improvement to the services we provide.
About Sure Psychology
Sure Psychology was founded in January 2015 by Dr Simone Shaw who has held dual qualifications as a Clinical Psychologist and Clinical Neuropsychologist since 2008. Sure Psychology services have increased in demand since relocating to the Sunshine Coast in 2017 and we now have a team of five Psychologists and a Practice Manager at our purpose built five-room clinic in the heart of Buderim on the Sunshine Coast.
Our practice has earned a very strong reputation for providing excellence in mental health care to all walks of life in our local community. Sure Psychology offers a range of psychological services to individuals and organisations including medico-legal and private assessment services, workers’ compensation and rehabilitation services, corporate psychology services, clinical supervision, positive behaviour support programs and individual treatment services. We have a wide and established network of referral partners providing a varied and consistent flow of new referrals across not only the Sunshine Coast, but also South-East Queensland. This ensures that our team has the opportunity to not only treat individual clients in our local community, but also deliver group programs and professional training within health, corporate and community settings.
We are a team of psychologists who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of all the individuals and teams we support. Our motto is embedded in our logo “SURE PSYCHOLOGY”. Meaning You (U) Are (R) Your (UR) Sure Psychology. We believe that all the resources you require are already within you. We are here to acknowledge your challenges; validate your concerns; and empower you to be your best self.
We recognise our team must also be treated and valued with this same premise. This means ensuring that we look after our psychologists, so that they can be the best version of themselves, both at work and at home. We do this through providing a warm and supportive team culture and flexibility within the role. Our team is our community, and we work together to nurture and build this. Our team culture focused on customer engagement and high performance will provide you with a very rewarding experience at Sure Psychology.
What we are looking for:
- An empathic and warm psychologist who places client wellbeing at the forefront of your practice – you can easily establish and build rapport with not only the client, but also their families and support networks;
- A team player who works collaboratively with the leadership team with a strong ethic to work independently in order to achieve objectives;
- A strategic thinker who contributes to continuous improvement, helps identify issues and solutions that will benefit the current and future direction of the practice;
- An ongoing commitment to personal and professional development;
- Excellent knowledge of psychological assessment and intervention skills; and
- Available for a minimum of two (2) days per week.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Current unrestricted registration with AHPRA (or ability to apply within 3 months);
- Experience working with a wide range of clinical presentations, using varied evidenced based therapeutic modalities (i.e., not just CBT);
- Demonstrated ability to work across the lifespan, including working with children, adolescents, adults and geriatric clients;
- Experience working with third party referrers, including WorkCover Qld, DVA and NDIS;
- Endorsement as a Clinical Psychologist and/or Clinical Neuropsychologist (desired);
- Completion (or eligible for) Psychology Board Approved Supervisor Training program, preferably with experience as a Clinical Supervisor (desired);
- Experience with schema therapy and/or EMDR and/or Positive Behaviour Support (highly regarded);
- Current Working with Children Check (Blue Card) and National Police Check;
- Ability to work within a team as well as independently; and
- Ready to relocate to join our team (if not local to the region).
If this is the opportunity that you have been waiting for, we would love to hear from you! Please send through your cover letter and resume or an expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org Alternatively call our Practice Manager on 07 5476 5386 for a confidential chat.