Throughout her training as a psychologist, Simone predominately worked within tertiary hospital settings, including the Queensland Paediatric Rehabilitation Service at the Royal Brisbane Hospital, Brisbane; Acute Adult Psychiatric Unit and the Neurosciences Department at the Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane; Central Highlands District Mental Health Service, Emerald; and the Queen Elizabeth Jubilee Hospital, Brisbane. In 2007, Simone commenced working at a group private practice and quickly progressed to executive roles in this setting due to her professionalism, clinical excellence and exemplary leadership. In January 2015, Simone launched her independent consulting firm Sure Psychology.
Simone has worked for over 17 years as a Clinical Psychologist and Clinical Neuropsychologist in both government and private sectors and has experience in assessing, diagnosing and treating clients with a range of psychological and neurological conditions. She specialises in conducting independent psychological and neuropsychological fitness for duty assessments. Simone’s practice also focuses on conducting independent psychological assessments and workplace factual investigations within the workers’ compensation jurisdiction. Additionally, Simone’s repertoire includes the provision of workplace training and clinical supervision.
Simone has travelled extensively throughout Australia as a fly-in-fly-out consultant psychologist and has a passion for rural and remote psychology; as she has firsthand knowledge of the sparsity of services available for these populations given her rural background. Simone possesses excellent organisational, communication, interpersonal and client relationship skills; which when coupled with her easy going and approachable demeanor, allows her to quickly and effectively develop rapport with clients ranging from team member to CEO level.
Simone has several years of experience working in Executive Leadership and Director roles. Simone sat on the board of the Australian Psychological Society (APS) College of Clinical Neuropsychologists, Brisbane Branch as Secretary in 2009-2010. Additionally, Simone has filled various executive leadership positions within the health industry in the private sector, including Managing Partner, Divisional Manager, Director and Company Secretary.
Registrations & Memberships
- General registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) with practice endorsement as a Clinical Psychologist and Clinical Neuropsychologist
- Member of the Australian Psychological Society (APS)
- Fellow of the APS College of Clinical Psychologists (FCCLP)
- Fellow of the APS College of Clinical Neuropsychologists (FCCN)
- Member of the NSW Government State Insurance Regulatory Authority (SIRA) Authorised Health Practitioner Panel
- Registered Health Practitioner Panel Member for the Queensland College of Teachers
- Member of the University of the Sunshine Coast (USC) Academic Advisory Committee: Postgraduate Psychology
- Adjunct Industry Fellow of the University of the Sunshine Coast, School of Social Sciences
- Medicare Clinical Psychologist Provider
- Non-directive Pregnancy Support Psychologist
- PIRI MumMoodBooster Provider
- BUPA Parent and Baby Wellbeing Provider
- Comcare Rehabilitation Provider
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) Provider
- Doctor of Psychology in the Fields of Clinical Psychology and Clinical Neuropsychology, University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Arts with Honours in the Field of Psychology, University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Arts (Psychology) University of Queensland
- Diploma of Company Directors, Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Dr Michael Yapko 100 hour Clinical Hypnosis Training
- Be our next Psychologist based in the beautiful Sunshine Coast!
- Flood Recovery Support
- Support for Workplaces in the Age of Coronavirus
- Support for Children with Learning Difficulties
- Support for New Mums Anxious about Coronavirus
- COVID-19 Telehealth Psychological Services Now Available
- Introducing Baby Frank
- Internet Addiction Disorder (IAD)
- Managing Stress
- The Importance of Having Purpose and Direction