Sarah is currently completing a Master of Clinical Psychology at the University of the Sunshine Coast and is registered with APHRA as a Provisional Psychologist. Prior to this, she completed both her Bachelor and Honours degree in Psychological Science at James Cook University, Cairns. Previously, Sarah worked as a High School Chaplain delivering social, emotional, and spiritual support to teens, their families, staff and the community before undertaking her studies in psychology.
Sarah has practiced at the Sunshine Coast Mind and Neuroscience – Thompson Institute (University of the Sunshine Coast) Psychology Clinic in Birtinya delivering individual psychotherapy services and cognitive and learning assessments to children, adolescents, and adults. She is experienced in working with clients presenting with conditions including depression, complicated grief, performance anxiety, anger, and eating disorders (restrictive and obesity). Sarah enjoys working with clients from culturally diverse populations. Clinically, Sarah uses a Cognitive Behavioural Therapy framework when working with clients.
To date, Sarah’s has conducted research examining the relationships between mindful self-care, social support, and Australia Chaplains Professional Quality of Life. Currently, Sarah is conducting a research project examining the relationships between organisational culture, areas of work-life, and burnout in Australia Clergy.
Registration & Memberships
- Provisional registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Currently completing Master of Clinical Psychology, University of the Sunshine Coast
- Bachelor of Psychological Science (Honours), James Cook University – Cairns
- Bachelor of Psychological Science, James Cook University – Cairns
- Diploma of Child, Youth, & Family Intervention – Queensland Tafe, Cairns
- Diploma in Ministry (Leadership) – Alphacrusis College
- Certificate IV Ministry (Leadership) – Alphacrusic College 2015
- Working effectively in Mental Health (CHCMH301C) – SU Queensland
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110) – McLeod Training Organisation
- Triple P – Positive Parenting Program (Level 4) – University of Queensland
- Clinic Days: Thursday and Friday
- Mobile: 0488 730 874
- Email: email@example.com
- Be our next Psychologist based in the beautiful Sunshine Coast!
- Flood Recovery Support
- Support for Workplaces in the Age of Coronavirus
- Support for Children with Learning Difficulties
- Support for New Mums Anxious about Coronavirus
- COVID-19 Telehealth Psychological Services Now Available
- Introducing Baby Frank
- Internet Addiction Disorder (IAD)
- Managing Stress
- The Importance of Having Purpose and Direction